For this special episode of Art of the Kickstart, we spoke with John Vaskis, Head of Hardware, Technology and Design at Indiegogo. Tune in to hear John’s best tips for Indiegogo creators, including how to set a funding goal, how to set up Indiegogo perks and what to do to ensure your project’s success.
- What types of products raise the most money on Indiegogo
- How creators should choose between fixed funding and flexible funding on Indiegogo
- What a campaign creator should consider when setting their funding goal
- What pre-campaign marketing strategies hardware campaign creators should be using
- What information should be included on an Indiegogo campaign page
- How to make a great Indiegogo campaign video
- How Indiegogo campaign creators can use GIFs on their campaign page
- Why high-quality images are an important part of a successful Indiegogo campaign
- How many rewards a successful Indiegogo campaign typically has
- How to use secret perks on Indiegogo
- How to design your Indiegogo perks to entice potential backers
- How to use Indiegogo’s referral system
- How to use email marketing to make your crowdfunding campaign more successful
- How important it is for crowdfunding creators to get press coverage
- How to get your project featured in the Indiegogo newsletter
- The metrics Indiegogo considers when ranking projects
- What the top Indiegogo campaigns have in common
- John’s best advice for Indiegogo project creators
Connect With Indiegogo and John Vaskis
- @JohnVaskis on Twitter
- Indiegogo on Facebook
- @Indiegogo on Twitter
- @Indiegogo on Instagram
- Indiegogo on YouTube
- Indiegogo on LinkedIn
If you liked this episode, don’t forget to leave us a review in iTunes, Stitcher or anywhere else you listen to podcasts!
Art of the Kickstart is honored to be sponsored by The Gadget Flow, a product discovery platform that helps you discover, save, and buy awesome products. The Gadget Flow is the ultimate buyer’s guide for cool luxury gadgets and creative gifts. Click here to learn more and list your product – use coupon code ATOKK16 for 20% off!
Art of the Kickstart is honored to be sponsored by BackerKit. BackerKit makes software that crowdfunding project creators use to survey backers, organize data, raise additional funds with add-ons and manage orders for fulfillment, saving creators hundreds of hours. To learn more and get started, click here.