You’re about to launch a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter or Indiegogo and want to use Facebook Ads to drive traffic to your project. But how can you maximize your paid advertising performance?
The good news is that Facebook Ads offer a wealth of options to target the right audience. This gives your campaign needle-like precision, which in turn drives costs down. Here are a few important things to know about optimizing Facebook Ads for your crowdfunding project.
Take advantage of Facebook ad targeting
Facebook’s most useful advertising feature is its ability to target your audience based on preferences, interests, location and other demographics. In fact, Facebook boasts that “compared to the average online reach of 38 percent for narrowly targeted campaigns, Facebook is 89 percent accurate.”
The key to this accuracy lies in the sheer volume of data the company compiles about its users, gleaned from their posts, likes, shares, check-ins and other details.
In turn, this information enables you to take advantage of Facebook’s ad targeting.
Use ad targeting for improved efficiency
Ad targeting allows you to focus on your audience’s most relevant segment. On the surface, this approach may appear to ignore millions of potential donors and investors. What it does do, however, is show your ads to the people most likely to be interested in your Indiegogo or Kickstarter project.
More importantly, though, this kind of strategic targeting drives down your campaign’s cost-per-click rates.
Setting up your Facebook Ads strategy
If you have run paid ads on other platforms like AdWords or Bing Ads, Facebook Ads should not be too hard. Facebook offers the following targeting options:
- Location: Useful if you want to build a list of users for your crowdfunding campaign, targeting countries or cities known to be active on Kickstarter or Indiegogo.
- Age: You can A/B test your ad campaign to find your target audience, or use your audience insights on your Facebook business page to identify your most active users.
- Gender: Crucial for products made specifically for one gender. However, do not shut out either gender completely, as they can still buy gifts for the other.
- Other demographics: Things like ethnicity, income level, political preferences and relationship status all show small clues about a customer’s purchasing patterns, informing you whether your project clicks with them.
- Interests: A user’s interests will also determine if your project will resonate with him or her. For example, if you are raising funds for a fitness product, it makes sense to target users actually interested in fitness or wellness.
Naturally, using Facebook ad targeting for crowdfunding requires a considerable amount of research to determine your audience. But the effort is well worth it, especially when you learn how to use targeting to make ads more engaging for the people they are designed for.
If you are interested in learning more about using Facebook ad targeting for your crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, be sure to sign up for our newsletter. If you want real results right away, get someone to manage your ad campaign. Contact us today to find out how our services can help.