Raising over $100k via crowdfunding to build a hardware startup while still in college, here’s the Kickstarter success story of Chris Wentz with Everykey and how they did it. We team building, hardware tech challenges and ways to get exposure and customer feedback while building a revolutionary product.
PS. Writing up this podcast post while in the airport. Moving to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam…aka Saigon!
Wanted to also let you know the podcast will be reduced down to bi-weekly. Three episodes per week is taking its toll and hopefully the newer format will lead to deeper, more beneficial content to help you with launching and funding.
Happy New Year.
Key Crowdfunding Takeaways
- What it’s like building a business while in college
- How entrepreneurs can motivate others to join their mission
- The way common problems can create startup success
- How to impress angel funding entrepreneurs
- Why you should consider business fun
- How founders come to agreements that lead towards success
- Why accelerator programs are incredibly powerful for inventors
- The challenge in launching a hardware wearable product
- How to deal with people problems when building a startup
- Why entrepreneurs need to listen to other people’s advice to succeed
- When to start pitching and pivoting a product
- Why customer development and research is critical to success
- How never giving up is the core to startup domination
- “Do what makes you happy.”
Connect with Chris
Love the Show? Leave us a Review
- eFulFillment Service: Want to get your rewards out to backers and eliminate the hassle of post-campaign shipping? EFS can help with tons of crowdfunding experience and special discounts for Art of the Kickstart listeners these guys are a great bet to help your business grow.